Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Our Zoo

Welcome to our zoo. Yes, somedays I feel like I am living in a zoo, literally. I thought I would share some pictures with you of our zoo.



Meet Pepper. She adopted us. I wasn't really excited to have a bunny but she is fun to have around. She just runs around our backyard. She loves carrots and sometimes she lays out on our deck and looks like she is sunbathing. Pepper has been with us for about a month. I think she is here to stay.





This is a lizard. You have to look closely to see him because he looks like the leaves. He knows how to camouflage very well. Louie eats crickets. Louie is not very exciting.



This is Kevin the King Snake. He is also a new addition to our zoo. He eats mice and sleeps. Kevin is a nice snake and if you are up to it, he will let you hold him. He likes to snuggle and get warm.



Meet our dumb birds. Yes, that is what I call them. I could also call them loud and louder or annoying and more annoying. If anyone would like some parakeets you are more than welcome to take these. You would probably really like them if you feel like your house is to quiet.



Meet Dolly. She is a desert tortoise. Dolly has been with us for several years now. We are not sure how old she is but she could be around 50+ years. Desert tortoises live to be like 100 or something so she is probably older than me. We have two tortoises but I wasn't able to find Big Buddy at the time of this posting to take a picture. He looks just like Dolly only bigger hence, the name. (i just need to say at this point I did not name the tortoises my son did when he was about 6 or 7) Anyway, Dolly and Big Buddy are married and this summer Dolly laid 7 eggs they have been cooking away for almost 4 months and here are the newest additions to our zoo!









The babies are really quite cute. They love to play king of the hill.

And now, my husband wants chickens! And Ciara wants a dog. I may have to start charging admission.

3 comments:

Alisa Pierce said...

This is the best zoo ever!!! I want to come!

Meg and Joe said...

I had no idea you had so many pets!! That's awesome! Those baby tortouses are so cute!!

Tom & Katie Hall said...

courtney and i want a tortoise!! can we have one?!