Saturday, May 1, 2010

Things I learned from my sons birthday party

So, having raised 3 girls I thought I pretty much knew everything about birthday parties and sleep overs. . .I was wrong. Last night we finally celebrated David's 13th birthday. He really wanted to have a sleep over for his birthday, I really didn't want him to have a sleep over for his birthday but since he has seen all of his sisters have had many sleep overs I really couldn't justify saying no. But it was only going to 5 boys . . .I figured no big deal. Anyway, this is what I learned last night about the difference between girl sleep over's and boy sleep overs. . .

1. Boys have two volumes . . . . .Loud and LOUDER
2. Boys like to talk as much as girls. . .just minus the giggling
3. Boys talk about farting A LOT
4. Boys really like to throw water balloons at each other and the neighbor:)
5. Boys snore. . .loud
6. Boys are very polite and gracious

and after all is said and done. . .I think we will be having more boy sleep overs.

Happy Birthday David - I love you.

5 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

I will leave my comment in English. Loved you blog Cindy and Happy Birthday.

Cindy Jensen said...

Um, ya what is that about? Someone from Asia is leaving comments on my blog. . .is that weird? I will never know since I don't know and probably never will know how to read it.

~Stappsters~ said...

I will translate for you Cindy.

I am very glad you have had a boys party. I would have like to be invited next time. I will bring wonderful ancient chinese recipes for boys and women who care for boys. I will bring my dragon and chop-sticks. I love your party. I am gracious too.

Thank you friends from American family.

Cindy Jensen said...

yes, I think you are right. . .that is exactly what it says. You are funny american:)

Kelly said...

I admire you for having five 13 yr old boys over for sleepover! I never did that for Alex, maybe only two, and that happened only once. I don't even like girls sleeping over, no sleep occurs!
p.s. Alex is turning 20 this month.yikes.