Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

These are the picture of our new shower. It is so nice to have a nice new shower!










I just can't believe that it is 2009 already. I swear it was just Jan. 2008 about 3 months ago. Do you remember when you were young and it seemed that time moved so slow. I remember thinking Christmas would never ever come and now it seems like it comes every 3 months. Time is flying by and I don't like it! Now that I want it to go slow it speeds up...I am never happy.

Our New Year's Eve was not so spectacular but fun. We spent the evening with family playing games and eating (of course). Do we ever gather without food? (I am pretty sure the answer to that is no) Then we had to leave before the new year because we had to pick up Ciara and friends from the dance. Ciara went to the dance up at Mormon Center, I think she had fun but not sure how much. Ciara was really not feeling well. She has been having lots of stomach pain and joint aches and pains. I am worried that she may be developing an ulcer from her meds. And unfortunately her rhemetologist is out of town until the very end of Jan. I am thinking we will probably have to go in to her peditrician for a check if the stomach pain does not get better.
Courtney and Katie started the new semester today. Katie reports that so far her classes are fine. She has moved into her new apartment and seems to like it. Her new Bishop came over for a visit last night and she really likes him. So hopefully, this semester will be better than last and she will finally feel like this is where she is supposed to be. Courtney, only had two classes today and she only made it to one. She is still having lots, and lots of dizzyness and nausea. Lots of snow today so she decided to miss one of her classes. Hopefully, tomorrow will go better she has classes from 9 to 3. She got the bill for her ER visit today, are you ready for this....$13,649. Yeah, thats right I said thirteen thousand six hundred and forty nine dollars. And that does include the ambulance ride or the cat scan. So, no wonder our health insurance rates are so high. She was never even admitted.

David has a project and report due Wed on ancient egyptians. His project is to cook something the egyptians ate. So, tonight we made pita bread or something like it and some candy that is as david says the ancient egyptian version of rice krispies. It is sesame seeds with honey. I am not a fan of honey but if you are it is probably tastee.







































And we finally got christmas all put away! Yipee, it is fun to decorate for christmas but never quite as fun to take it down and put it away but I am glad to have my house back to normal. It always looks so empty though with all the christmas stuff gone. And this is just a picture of my naked, dead christmas tree. It looks so sad.







Ciara and friends just hanging out over christmas vacation.
Hope you all have a wonderful year full of family, friends and food.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I was just telling my kids that as I get older time seems to fly by. I don't like it either. I'm trying to figure out how to make it slow down, if I figure it out I'll let you know... :)

~Stappsters~ said...

Love the blog Cindy. The new look is fabulous

Deb said...

Love the new look! where does everyone else find these cute backgrounds?! We decided to leave our palm tree/Christmas tree up, minus the few Christmas decorations we had on it. How's that for avoiding the old naked Christams tree.