Thursday, January 22, 2009

Diane Helen De Lucia Jensen


Born September 20, 1934 in Oakland to Nicholas and Helen De Lucia, Diane passed away at home, in Rancho Cordova on Jan 17, 2009 at age 74. She devoted her life to her family, her church, sewing, painting, teaching dance, and directing theatrical productions. Of note, Diane choreographed for the Elk Grove Strauss Festival for many years. Lovingly cared for during her long illness by her husband Willis Boyd Jensen, she also leaves children Marcia Harris, Michael Jensen, Stephen Jensen, Caryn Stapp, Sarah Blair, Rachelle Anderson, Jared Jensen and their spouses, 34 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, her sisters Susan Rosenquist and Marian Brown, and brother Thomas De Lucia. She is preceded in death by her parents and brothers Nicholas and Andrew De Lucia. Services will be held Friday, Jan 23 at 11 am at the LDS Church, 2400 Cordova Lane, Rancho Cordova. In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Alzheimer's Association.

Diane was a great inspiration to me. She was a great example of what a great LDS women should be. I was blessed to have her as my mother in-law. I miss her and look forward to the day when I can see her again and thank her for all she has done for me.

I have received many kind words from so many of you. Those words have brought comfort and peace. I have posted a copy of one the really shows what kind of person Diane was...


I was sad to hear of the passing away of Sister Jensen today. She had a life long positive impact on my life. When Rancho Cordova was still a part of the Fair Oaks Stake and I was 16 yrs young she invited me to be in the dance festival for that year. I was so shy that when my mom would drop me off at the Fair Oaks Stake Center I would wait until she left and then walk up to the Circle K. I did that for about a month. When Sister Jensen found out, she came to my house to teach me the steps. It was because of her that I went on to do the dance festivals and stake plays that I enjoyed doing so much. I know that there are many other people, including my 2 younger brothers, who were blessed because of her.

3 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

This Blog entry makes me smile! When I look at your kids Cindy, I see Mom's influence (you're pretty talented too BTW).

Deb said...

This is the #1 thing in this life that I KNOW. beyond belief. and that is that we will see our loved ones again and that reunion will be wonderful beyond words.
Much love from Down Under.

Cecily Jane said...

Cindy, this is great. Just wonderful.