Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crowns & stuff

Okay, this has been bothering me since thursday. I had to go to the dentist and get a crown. Not my favorite way to spend an afternoon. I basically had anxiety all day thinking about it. . .note to self . . .probably should make my dental appointments for the mornings so I don't have anxiety all day. When I got to the dentist office they asked me how I was. . .and I said "okay, I have been having anxiety all day" and they they told me not to worry it was going to be easy. I hate it when they say that. . .even if it is easy I still have anxiety when I go to the dentist. Anyway, when I got back to the room of death the dentist said "when I got to work today and looked and saw that your name was on the schedule and so I have been having anxiety all day" ha, ha he is so funny. Actually, that did make me laugh. Anyway, the whole crown thing wasn't so bad. He had to drill away my old filling and then build the tooth back up and there was lots of horrible noises and a shot involved with a really long needle and it was horrible. But the worst part is that they left all this extra cement on my temporary crown. And it is bugging me to death!!! would it have been that hard for them to take an extra minute or two to clean off the extra cement around my tooth. It seriously is driving me crazy. You know how when you have something different in your mouth and so you keep feeling it with your tongue and then your tongue gets all raw and sore from doing that. Ya, that is basically what is happening to me. And I have to deal with it until I go back for my permanent crown in two weeks. Ya, I know I could call and go back in and have them clean off the cement but I really don't want to take anymore time off of work to go back and have them do something they should have done in first place.

Also, Friday at work Stephen ruptured his achilles tendon and he will have to have surgery to repair it. Apparently, the Jensen's have some genetic mutation with the achilles tendon because his dad, brother and sister have all had the same thing happen to them.

David starts high school and seminary on Monday. He finished his eagle project which is very exciting. I am so proud of him. The Strauss Festival board of directors loves him, espically Jackie Lewis. He made some beautiful display cases for historical pieces from past festivals.

Katie is in LA. She has been there for the past few days. Her adventures include Disneyland, the beach, Sing-Off taping and Backbeats concert. So, jealous. She is with the Backbeats right now watching them rehearse. Next, week I will be taking her pack to Provo. I am sad about that but excited for her to get back to school and Noteworthy.

And well that is all for now.

No comments: