Sunday, July 17, 2011

Primary

Today I taught the 9 year olds in Primary. I have substituted for the last 2 weeks. My class consisted of 3 boys. I forgot what it was like to be in Primary. I love watching and listening to the kids. Today one of the boys I taught Mom came up to me in the hallway and said this to me "I asked my son who his primary teacher was since his regular teacher was gone and he said "I can't remember her name but she is really nice and pretty" (I love this kid). " So, she has been trying to think who he meant and then today during Sacrament meeting, said kid, looks up and says "mom that's her leading the music". I love kids. Also, during our lesson today we learned about the parable of the sheep and the goats. And in one of the scriptures we were reading in Matthew 25:36 starts out "naked, and ye clothed me...." one of the boys said he didn't think he could read that verse because of the first word....ha, ha, ha

We also talked a lot about Star Wars and Six Flags vs. Disneyland. One of the boys said he has $8 and was that enough to get into Disneyland....um no not quite.

Last week we talked about the parable of the Talents. So, we talked about our own talents and I asked the boys if they had any talents. One of them said "I can make really good dinosaur noises" and then proceeded to show us how good he is at making dinosaur noises. Hmmm, I bet his mom and dad don't really think of this as a talent but who knows maybe he will grow up to do voice overs. Also, another boy said his talent was doing back flips. Future gymnast maybe? I asked them today if they had shared there talents this past week and if they did what did they do? Back flip boy said "I did a flip". Okay, good but not really what I had in mind. And dinosaur noise boy wasn't there today:( I just love kids.

1 comment:

Meg and Joe said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing!