Monday, February 21, 2011

Cleveland Ohio


Katie received her mission call and she will be serving in Cleveland Ohio. She reports to the MTC missionary training center on May 25th (the day after her 21st birthday). She is so exicitied. She will also be serving as a tour guide at some of the church historic sites. . .the Kirtland Visitors Center see picture


She will get to give tours and learn lots about church history. Which there is lots of back in Ohio. And she will also get to spend time sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with the people of Ohio.

It was so wonderful when she opened her call. We were able to have some family over and a couple of friends. Katie had been waiting for a couple of weeks for her call to come in the mail so the anticipation was great. It finally actually came about noon and then she had to wait until 5:30 when everyone gathered. We also had several people on the phone and Courtney was there on skype. Once everyone was finally all there and ready she opened it with a little trepidation because well because this is where you will be spending 18 months of your life. Then she read it and it was emotional for her and me and she said she just knew when she read it that this was where she was supposed to go. Ya, it isn't somewhere totally cool like Paris, or Italy or Spain and if you are not a member of the church you probably really don't get why anyone would be excited to go to Cleveland, Ohio but it is just as exciting for us.



So, now we are trying to learn all we can about Ohio and church history and we are trying to find clothes that are appropriate for Sister missionaries. Now there is a challenge. We have 3 months to get her ready and 3 months for me to try and prepare myself for missing her. But I am just so proud of Katie and her decision to serve a mission. It will be a great adventure. The Church is true.

2 comments:

Meg and Joe said...

Oh, I think Ohio is exciting! I'm so happy for Katie!

Alison said...

So exciting! I am right there beside you. I miss my sweet girl every day, but also can't think of anywhere I would want her to be right now. I can help you with clothes - or at least from our experience. I will be honest and tell you that it is very hard those first few weeks. I cried every day! But it just gets better and better!